Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday Night Workout

I got a good workout in tonight. I did 1,200 yards in the pool, then did some strength training and then went home and did 35 minutes on the bike trainer.

The swim went very well. I got 1,200 yards done in 24:56. Yesterday I did 1,100 yards in 25:05, so today went a bit better than yesterday. Today, however, I went back to distance swimming, which is my bread and butter in the water and did 1,000 yards non-stop. I'm not sure this is the longest I've ever gone in one stretch before, but it's certainly the longest I've gone since high school. I felt like I could've kept going, so that's good.

I don't have much to say about the strength training. I used the machines at the Community Center for the first time and rather liked them.

The biking was the most fun portion tonight. A week and a half ago I ordered a set of clip-on aerobars for my bike. They arrived last Saturday and I installed them then, but aside from playing with them a bit to get a decent fit this was my first workout with them. 

I went with the Profile Design T3+ Carbon aerobars (picturs below). After using them tonight I really like them. They let me get down into a more aerodynamic position and they let me rest my arms a bit. That was a fairly large issue tonight as my arms were quite tired from the swim and weights, so being able to rest them was nice. I think the option to rest my arms will come in very handy during the half Ironman in October.

I feel I need a proper fitting from an actual bike fitter for the aerobars, however. I liked being able to rest my arms, I felt like my knees were in my chest while riding. While this very well might be normal for aerobars, I feel it isn't and want to get fitted to make sure my bike is set up correctly. All things considered, however, I'm very happy with them.

                                   

                                   





No comments:

Post a Comment