Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thursday Night Workout

I got a really good workout in tonight. I started with 50 minutes on the bike trainer followed immediately by 15 minutes (1.4 miles) on the treadmill.

I was very happy with the workouts tonight. I was a bit apprehensive about the run. As I mentioned earlier this week, I took all of last week off because I was feeling a bit ill, so it's been over a week since I last ran. Since I was doing it after the longest ride of the year, I didn't know how long I was going to be able to last, but I surprised myself by not only being able to go all 15 minutes, but by being able to keep a pace of 5.7 mph the entire time. 5.7 mph is a pretty good clip for me on the treadmill, but I was able to keep the pace the entire time tonight and actually felt like I could keep going when I was done.

It felt great to get back into the full swing of things tonight. The aerobars on the bike are working out nicely, but I still feel I need a fitting to get the most use out of them. Overall though I'm quite happy with them thus far. I'll write a proper review on them after I use them on the actual road a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment