Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Biking Workout 12/24/14

Got up on Christmas Eve morning and spent 22 1/2 minutes on the bike trainer. I forgot to put my heart rate monitor on so no heart rate data, but I did get my heartrate up; I'm still sweating as I type this.

I had planned to go for 35 minutes, but have been fighting a wicked cold recently. Of late, a minor cough that sometimes explodes into a major fit of coughing has been the only remnent of this sickness left, but around 22 minutes into my workout I started hacking hard and decided I'd best call it a day and not risk making myself any sicker than I already am. The coughing has subsided now and while I don't like cutting any workout short, I'm glad I stopped.

This was my longest ride on the trainer to date. It's much different that riding on the street. For one thing, there's no resting. When you're riding on the street and go downhill, you can coast. If you stop pedaling on the trainer, your workout effectively stops.

For another, I can actually watch TV while on the trainer, which is kind of nice. Today I loaded up a Youtube playlist of Lindsey Stirling videos and jammed out while riding. If you haven't heard Lindsey Stirling, I strongly encourage you to check her stuff out; almost all of it is available on Youtube for free or for purchase on iTunes if you like it well enough. I came across her stuff about two years ago via her Skyrim Main Theme cover and she quickly vaulted to my number two favorite artist (she couldn't unseat Garth Brooks, however). She's easily the most talented violinist I've ever heard.

I don't know if I'm going to have time to get tomorrow's planned workout in given that it's Christmas, so everyone have a merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment