Sunday, December 14, 2014

Border Wars Triathlon

First off, I apologize for the derth of posts recently. I've been working lots of overtime at work and haven't had much time to workout and no time to keep this site updated when I did workout. 

I recently signed up for my first Half Ironman, the Border Wars Triathlon. It takes place on October 4th, 2015 in Alton, Illonois. The "Border Wars" part comes from the rivalry between Missouri and Illinois. When registering, participants were required to allifiate with either Team West (Missouri) or Team East (Illinois). Being from Missouri, I obviously chose Team West. At the end of the race, the directors look up which team had the most members cross the finish line first, and that team "wins" the contest. (Team West won last year, which was the inagural year for this race).

I'm very very excited but very very nervous about this. I know I have 9 1/2 months to prepare, but the extreme distance (1.2 miles swimming, 56 miles biking and 13.1 miles running) is still very intimidating to me. But one of the reasons I got into triathlon was Ironman, so it makes sense to take the first step on that journey now. 

I can't wait for October to get here, but I'm sure that somehow it'll get here far too quickly for my peace of mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment