Sunday, January 11, 2015

Bike Workout 1/11/15

I did 45 minutes on the trainer this afternoon, focusing on low resistance with high RPM. I prefer that kind of workout as it saves wear and tear on my knees and still gets a massive sweat worked up. I think almost all of my trainer rides will be low resistance/high RPM, as that seems to work well for me.

It was a great workout. I got my heart rate elevated and I really enjoyed the ride. I need a new rear tube, as mine keeps going flat, but that won't be hard to fix in the near future.

I almost didn't work out today as I've been feeling slightly sick all day. I don't have the flu or anything, but I had friends over late last night and made the mistake of having two cups of coffee after 9 PM. The end result was that I couldn't fall asleep until around 3 AM this morning, so I've been very tired and lethargic all day, and it's left me feeling a bit sick. It felt like a hangover minus the headache, but after working out I feel great, likely because I got my blood flowing and finally woke myself up. In the end, I'm very very glad I worked out, which is usually how I feel after I work out. I've been slowly learning that I always feel better after working out, which is why I forced myself to start today. It ended up being a good thing.

My legs felt great today. I was a bit curious to see how they'd feel after yesterday's four mile run, but no ill effects thus far. I've ran 4 miles a few times before, but I've never actually ran as much of it as I did yesterday. Typically I'd take breaks around .4 or .5 miles, instead of after every mile like yesterday, and I've always noticed that my legs were a bit sore the next day, so I'm glad that's not the case today. It's a good indication of progress being made.

And speaking of how my body feels, my right shoulder has felt fine all weekend. I think I was just a bit paranoid when I felt it hurting in the pool on Friday. I'm not a hypochondriac by any means, but I am very paranoid of old injuries flaring back up. Since it's happened to me before, I have a hard time telling my brain that everything is fine and that nothing is actually really wrong in the heat of the moment. We'll see how the swim tomorrow goes, but I think everything is going to be OK with my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment