Sunday, January 18, 2015

Running Workout 1/18/15

I did 2.66 miles in 31:33 today. I chose to run around the neighborhood today instead of up in Kearney.

Despite being almost half the distance of yesterday's run, today's was quite a bit harder, for a few of reasons. Firstly, the area around my house has much steeper hills than Kearney. It's not that Kearney is flat, but the hills there are rolling as opposed to the steep hills around my house. Secondly, I've never ran two days in a row before, and I think my body was still trying to recover from the five miles I put it through yesterday. I was also overdressed - I had on a light-weight sweatshirt and would've been fine in just the tee shirt I had on underneath it. I probably would've been a bit cold at first, but I think I would've been happier in just the tee shirt.

Overall I was happy with my run today. I was wanting to walk less than a mile into it but pushed myself to keep going, and I'm happy I did. Today was also the first time I didn't even look at my watch to see how far I'd gone until I got to the end of my run. I usually track my mileage more than I should, but I avoided the temptation today and it worked out well. I just ran, and it felt good.

Overall, though, I'm glad tomorrow is not another running day. I'm looking forward to swimming and cycling and giving my running muscles a bit of a rest. I won't be running again until Wednesday, and I'm looking forward to the short break.

Today also marks the three week mark in my training plan. I've yet to skip a workout, and for the past two weeks I've added Saturday runs to my plan, meaning I've worked out six days a week for those weeks. I'm already starting to see a slight reduction to the size of my belly, which is one of my main goals. All I have to do is keep following my plan and I think everything is going to work out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment