Thursday, January 1, 2015

Run Workout 1/1/15

Got out and ran 2 miles in the cold today. It was a good run, better than my last run. I ran more and improved my time, which is always the goal.

This time around I got the 2 miles done in 24 minutes and 31 seconds, as opposed to 26 minutes and 7 seconds last Monday. My average speed went from 4.6 mph to 4.9 mph and my average pace went from 12 minutes and 47 seconds per mile to 12 minutes and 12 seconds per mile.

Overall I'm very happy with the run. I again did intervals, with the base being .3 miles ran followed by a .1 mile walk. I mixed it up some today though; once during the first mile and once during the second mile I stretched the runs from .3 to .4, which obviously helped me lower my time and pace.

I was happy with how I felt during the run. The .4 mile segments were taxing, but not overly so. Next week I'll likely up all my intervals to .4 miles. My next run is Monday, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment