Saturday, January 17, 2015

Saturday Morning Run 1/17/15

We went up to Kearny today and ran on the trail near the high school. I got in 5 miles and ran all of them. I finished in 58:22 with an average pace of 11:40 minutes per mile.

To say I'm a little bit surprised I ran all five miles is a bit of an understatement. About 2.25 miles in I didn't know if I'd be able to run all five, but I pushed through and managed to keep going. What was even more suprising to me was the pace I ran it at. When I ran two miles earlier this week, my pace was 12 minutes per mile, so to have a faster pace at this much longer distance surprised me considerably. I was expecting a 12:30 or 13:00 minutes per mile pace. 

Five miles is by far the most I've ever ran at one time in my entire life. My previous record was the two miles I did earlier this week, so to get all five miles in without stopping to walk was a big accomplishment for me. 

The trail up at Kearny was nice. I'd never ran it before, and I liked it. There were some rolling hills, but nothing super-steep like here around our house. I'll definitely go up there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment