Thursday, January 15, 2015

Swimming Workout 1/15/15

Got 1,150 yards done in 24:58 tonight. I did 3 sets of 300 yards on a 6:30 interval, then rested for almost two minutes, then finished out with 5 sets of 50 yards on a 1:00 interval.

The workout tonight was good. I've been trying to increase the distance of my longer sets at least once a week, building up to 2,200 yards eventually (roughly the distance I'll need to swim in the half Ironman in October). 300 yards is certainly not the longest I've ever swam, but it's a good start in my bid to rebuild endurance in the pool.

I can tell I'm slowly getting better. The long distances are getting easier and the short distances are getting faster. The last time I did 5 sets of 50 yards on a 1:00 interval, I wasn't able to get the last set done with any rest. Today, I had about two seconds of rest before the last set. It's not much, but it's better than no rest, which means I'm making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment